Website Dot X
Ever wondered how skyscrapers like The Shard or The Gherkin get built? Disperse uses AI and computer vision to revolutionize the construction of iconic buildings around the world, such as the upcoming 22 Bishopsgate – the UK’s second tallest building. Join a creative, conscientious and proudly diverse community of AI researchers, software engineers, architects and designers dedicated to helping build the skylines of tomorrow.
We’re looking for an outstanding Accounting Manager who is ready to roll up their sleeves and help build the internal accounting function, develop the financial systems roadmap, drive process improvement, and enable strong performance against strategic, financial, and operational goals. You’ll report to the CFO, build relationships with company leadership, hire and manage two employees to start with, and drive these efforts as we continue to scale. You will be responsible for charting the accounting functions course, ensuring a streamlined and consistent chart of accounts.
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement close and related reporting; constantly drive improvements through automation
- Oversee consolidation of international subsidiaries into UK parent financials, maintaining separate instances for each subsidiary and ensuring adequate transaction information flows from each local sub
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and internal controls, and play a leading role in directing change initiatives and process improvement capable of growing with the business
- Manage Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable processes with minimal oversight
- Generate invoices, monitoring collections, and disbursements for cash flow management
- General ledger management
- Classify and reconcile credit cards, bank statements, and employee expenses
- Provide the CFO with actionable financial data for FP&A purposes
- Support the CFO on revenue recognition policies, expensing vs. capitalising, and other technical accounting judgment calls
- Support the company’s overall financial strategy and forecasting efforts
As clichéd as it may sound, we’re very proud of the people we have and the close-knit, family culture we’ve built across London, New York, Sarajevo, Yerevan, and now Islamabad. Despite the distances, we’re united through the passion with which we approach our goals and the fun that we have along the way. We always look out for each other, no matter what.
The following should give you a good idea what type of culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking full ownership of problems and initiatives. We don’t believe in micromanagement. Instead, we let you pave your own path and give you the space to continuously learn and grow even if it means taking a few detours.
- We support each other. If a process breaks or if you’re struggling, you can always count on the people around you and the people far away from you, to help you get back on track.
- We run on feedback: direct and transparent praise and constructive criticism, communicated with the best of intentions. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas and approaches are always judged on merit rather than source. We welcome discussions and challenges. This way everyone makes a tremendous impact no matter the role.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in an operational accounting role
- 4 years public accounting experience with a proven track record of early promotion and increasing autonomy and responsibility
- A commitment to excellence, an ‘anything is possible’ attitude, and strong bias towards action
- Experience managing international consolidations and multiple overseas subsidiary accounting processes a must
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) interpersonal skills
- Managerial experience, having recruited, hired, fired, and built high-functioning teams
- Experience with SaaS accounting and metrics
- Experience building out accounting processes & procedures
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience leading an ERP implementation and transition a strong plus
- Experience reconciling Salesforce data with accounting systems a plus
- CPA/ACA or equivalent is strongly preferred